Sunday, November 27, 2011

Now with more stars

As I had no motivation lately to improve the underlying game part of the game, i tried to make it more visually appealing. I started creating a background layer with stars. At first i used a simple sprite of a 3 x 3 cross as a star, but since i want most of the visuals to be generated and not saved, i decided to code them as well. I should add some gfx to the background as well, like fractal nebulas etc. but this has to wait. I also increased the resolution, fixed a bug i ha with opengl on my thinkpad t60 that caused the new vias [ the white lines ] and the orbs around the solarsystems to sometimes turn into large polygones rendered onto the screen completly messing everything up.

i like the look the game has now, but i am still missing a usable user input system and most of the game part as in buildings, research and spacecrafts, but this will hopefully be added at some point. i am currently thinking about switching from slick2d to using only lwjgl, mostly because 3d would look better and it would enable nice realtime lighting effects. but i am still not sure about this.

now some more pictures :)




1 comment:

  1. hum, i´ll wait some more time before i reward you by playing your game :))

    ReplyDelete